Knowing the foundations of communications can help you be a better presenter. Do you know the process and tools we use to communicate? Do you know how to ‘fix it’ when it ‘breaks’?
Relating, influencing, collaborating, motivating … it all starts with communication. Learn to
- Manage the process we use to convey information, ideas, feelings from one person to another.
- Manage and interpret non-verbal communication (body language & tone).
- Ease into active listening.
- Bridge gaps in understanding.
- Shape messaging to spark motivation.
- Identify and correct communications problems.
Learning the basics of communicating doesn’t just improve your ability to deliver a successful presentation, it preps you for quality interpersonal collaboration, customer service, relationship development and leadership.
Planning a conference? This topic lends itself to breakouts and presentations.
- a 20-minute personal ‘check-in’ for feedback on a particular issue,
- a :30 to 1-hour ‘get together’ to go over a situation in more depth,
- or a 3-hour lab to bring your team up to speed.